Lynne Featherstone MP on Friday visited Royal Mail’s Muswell Hill Delivery Office to pass on her best Christmas wishes and encouragement to the postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
The Hornsey and Wood Green MP was shown round the Delivery Office by local Delivery Office manager Alton Kennedy and was introduced to the postmen and women who are working hard doing their bit to sort and deliver Muswell Hill’s share of the estimated total 2 billion UK Christmas mail bag.
Lynne Featherstone MP commented:
“It was great to meet the hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women at Muswell Hill Delivery Office and to see firsthand just how much effort they put into delivering the Christmas post for people this December.
“Posties do such an important job at this time of year and I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Muswell Hill Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Alton Kennedy said:
“Christmas is the busiest time of year, and our people really do pull out all the stops to deliver the Christmas mailbag. We are pleased that Lynne Featherstone MP came along to witness the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.”
“The postal staff do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. And as usual, we urge our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!”
It is also vital that people remember the last posting dates for mail. These are:
- Tuesday 20 December for 1st Class items
- Saturday 17 December for 2nd Class items
- Thursday 22 December for Special Delivery items
To help Royal Mail at its busiest time of the year, customers are being encouraged to take a few simple steps:
- Post early – to help Royal Mail spread the workload, post early and order presents early. The last posting dates this Christmas are: December 17 for 2nd Class mail; December 20 for 1st Class mail; December 22 for Special Delivery
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, helps Royal Mail sort the item more efficiently
- For more information about Christmas with Royal Mail visit: www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740.
Pingback: Lynne Featherstone MP delivers Christmas encouragement to Royal … | Muswell Hill Media